Measuring for your Luxury Vinyl Tile Flooring
Measuring and estimating for he amount of Luxury Vinyl Tiles required can depend on various factors including the complexity of the layout and the amount of cutting involved.
As a general guide an allowance of around 5%-10% for waste should be allowed on top of the actual net area.
Please see detailed below a guide for measuring your areas ready for your new LVT flooring.
Square or rectangular areas
1) Measure the distances at Point A & B
2) Multiply the two distances together, for example, “A” 3.00m by “B”4.00m would equal a total of 12.00 m2
3) Add wastage factor as required (typically 5%)
Irregular Shaped Areas
1) Measure the distances at Points A & B
2) Multiply the two distances together
3) For example “A” 3.00m multiplied by “B”4.00m would equal a total of 12.00 m2
4) Repeat the operation for distances C & D and E & F
5) Add the 3 totals together
6) Add wastage factor as required (typically 5%-10% for basic square areas
7) all tile products will need to be ordered and rounded up to the nearest box
Important Note: Design and pattern work or more complex shaped areas will require specialist measuring and planning, we offer this service Free of Charge,
For Amtico, Stratica, Spacia, Karndean, Knight Tile, Michaelangelo, Opus, Loose Lay, Da-Vinci, Renoir, Polyflor Camaro, Expona,Kudos, Bevelline, Colonia,
plus many more............